That glorious moment when your kids ASK if they can do the dishes for you…such a pleasant surprise!
My recent goal has been to experiment with at least one new recipe a week. The new recipe I tried this week was a delicious ginger chicken curry recipe courtesy of Once Upon A Chef.
What I loved about this recipe:
- Great combination of flavour (garlic, ginger, curry powder, cilantro)
- Easy and fast to make
- Can be easily batch cooked
- Uses readily available ingredients
- Combines peas with the chicken all in one dish
- Freezes well for a second meal
- It was a big hit with the husband and kids
Recommended side dish:
This scrumptious chicken curry goes very well with a simple side of basmati rice.
- I have made other chicken curries before but I think what really brought out the flavour of this recipe was the freshly grated ginger and also rubbing the chicken pieces with curry powder before cooking.
- I found that the curry tasted better without the yoghurt although this could have been because of the type of yoghurt I was using. I recommend tasting the sauce before adding the yoghurt to assess whether it’s really needed.
- I discovered that frozen peas taste fresher than canned peas and are better for your health.
- Adding turmeric to the basmati rice while cooking will complement the color of the chicken curry.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we did!