As I reflect on the past year, I find myself feeling very blessed and grateful for my family and friends. I have experienced wonderful support and encouragement this year, with a fortification in my friendships and relationships. Even though I am in a transition phase regarding my career and there are a lot of unknowns in the coming year, I feel very much at peace that things will fall into place.
Here are some of the things I am grateful for from this past year:
- I love being a mother: even though motherhood has been challenging, I find my love for the kids growing more and more every day. I sometimes stare at them in awe, not quite believing that these two adorable children are actually ours. I love having a family and taking care of them.
- I love being married to my best friend: my husband has been such a rock for our family. He astounds me with his patience, his encouragement and his selflessness. He makes me laugh and he is so much fun to be around. He believes in me and loves me just the way I am. I can be completely myself around him and I am grateful for the 12 years we have been together.
- Making progress towards my goal of becoming a doctor: this year, I sat the MCAT exam (after two previous attempts) and was very pleased with my results. I submitted my applications to five medical schools in Canada which was a very exciting moment for me! Although one medical school has declined my application, I am not giving up hope! I am waiting to hear back from the other medical schools.
- Growing from unexpected challenges: this year I lost my job during my maternity leave. I had been employed there for 9 years and it was quite a big blow to our family. Despite the financial and emotional challenges of this situation, I am grateful that it has allowed me to spend so much valuable time with my children and to simply trust that God has everything under control.
- Being more involved at church: I have loved playing piano more often during the service on Sundays. Teaching Sunday school has also been a wonderful blessing.
- Tutoring: I recently stared tutoring college and university students in Chemistry and I am loving it! I enjoy the one-on-one time with each student and it is very rewarding to watch difficult concepts become clearer to them.
- Growing my blog: When I started this blog in 2014, it was supposed to be a private diary. I was inspired by a fellow blogger to go public with my blog. It has transformed into a wonderful avenue for me to share my experiences and connect with others. Blogging has increased my self-confidence in many ways and I have made some incredible friendships through it.
I am looking forward to an amazing new year, full of exciting new possibilities! Thank you to all my readers and followers who have added a wonderful dimension to my life this year. You are so appreciated!