I am always looking for new ways to cook fish and this week, I found an absolutely mouth-watering recipe for making salmon. Since I am cooking for a family of four and time is of the essence, my goal is to make recipes that are tasty yet easy to make.
The salmon recipe courtesy of Closet Cooking consists of a simple marinade made from cilantro, lime (juice and zest), and garlic. Jalapeno chilies are an optional ingredient. I made the salmon with a side of mashed potatoes, tomato and corn salad.
What I loved about this recipe:
- The marinade keeps the fish moist during cooking
- Makes use of healthy ingredients such as garlic and cilantro
- Tasty lime flavor
- Easy and fast
- Try to avoid cooking for more than the recommended time as this will dry out the fish.
- If you don’t have much time to marinade the salmon, then marinade for just 15 minutes prior to cooking. This will still make a difference in bringing out the tasty lime flavor.
- To enhance the appearance of the salmon, garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
I hope you enjoy your cilantro and lime salmon dish!